Food Services Volunteer Positions
Continental Breakfast Coffee Assistant
The Continental Breakfast Coffee Assistant provides a welcoming smile and first cup of coffee for residents and guests when entering the main dining room for continental breakfast (or for the Oasis dining room during breakfast.) A professional appearance and pleasing attitude are required. Must have an outgoing and personable personality (i.e. a "people person')
- Be able to volunteer for one or more 1 ½ hour shifts per week, 8-9;30 AM, Mon.-Fri.
- Greeting everyone with a cup of coffee
- Pouring coffee refills at tables
- Other duties as assigned
- In the Oasis, help residents fill out menus, answer residents’questions about menus, and assist those who may need other assistance by answering their questions or referring them to persons who can. Volunteer hours in the Oasis dining room are Sun. & Sat. 7:30am – 8:30am)
Dining Room Greeter
The Dining Room Greeter provides that welcoming first impression for residents and guests at the gathering area of the main dining room. A professional appearance and pleasing attitude are required. Must have an outgoing and personable personality-i.e. a "people person', have a positive willing to learn attitude, become familiar with the processes of the main dining room and bistro.
- Be able to volunteer for one or more two hour shifts per week during meal times.
- Greeting everyone
- Answering questions about the menu
- Assisting residents/guests in how to fill out their menu
- Assisting residents and their guests, by providing information or referring them to persons who can.
- Introduce new residents to current residents
- Other duties as assigned
My wife Mary and I just love Fellowship Square. We have lived three wonderful years in this former luxury resort, now a luxury senior living community. The accommodations are spacious, comfortable, and kept up to date by a caring and friendly staff. The beautiful dining room and its excellent meals and the many activities are also reasons why we love living here. We both especially love that we have made many friends from all walks of life and all kinds of religious beliefs.
But there's more! We both love that the grounds are so beautiful and that every apartment opens up to them instead of into a dreary hallway. We both have age-related health issues and living in Fellowship Square makes it easier for us to deal with them. Mary takes full advantage of the many senior fitness classes available six days a week. To keep myself mentally challenged, I facilitate a couple of life-long learning discussion groups. We just don't need anything more!