Oasis Volunteer Positions
The Activity Assistants will assist the Life Enrichment Coordinator (LEC) with and/or direct activity programs in the absence of the LEC. S/he must be friendly, courteous, patient, outgoing, helpful and attentive, have the ability to speak clearly to hard-of-hearing residents, and hear adequately him/herself.
- Be able to volunteer for one or more two hour shifts per week, Mon.- Sat.10-12, 12-2
- Be able and available to assist the LEC with setting up chairs, tables, etc. for meetings; i.e. Bingo, Po-Ke-No, special events, occasional crafts, entertainment programs, etc.
Lobby Desk Receptionist
A Lobby Desk Receptionist provides that welcoming first impression for visitors, potential residents, and guests in the Villa 4 lobby. A professional appearance and pleasing attitude are required. Must have an outgoing and personable personality-i.e. a "people person', knowledge of professional telephone etiquette, and be willing to become knowledgeable about the lay-out and operations of Oasis, Villa 4, and Fellowship Square.
- Opening the gate as visitors/residents approach,
- Managing the sign in/out book,
- Answering the front desk phone,
- Giving directions,
- Making occasional campus phone calls for residents and staff,
- Performing occasional minor office tasks as assigned.
- Being attentive to the gate at all times,
A Performer provides free entertainment and/or other presentations for assisted living residents. S/he must have the ability to project voice(s) greater than 30 feet for hard-of-hearing residents, the ability to engage with and interact with the assisted living residents, and the ability to provide one or more of the following:
- Play an instrument or sing: Must have own music and instrument (piano is available).
- Provide educational subject matter: Must be knowledgeable in subject being presented, must bring own materials
- All performers
A Resident Visitor will visit with select residents in their apartment for conversation, reading, writing and companionship. S/he must have the ability to engage with and interact with the assisted living residents, the ability to speak clearly for hard-of-hearing residents, hear adequately. Additionally s/he shall not engage in gossip, political or religious topics and shall not Provide physical assistance to any resident. (Call a caregiver for such assistance as needed.)
Mini Summer FOOD SHOW!
Experience Healthy Choices
with Chef Yaovi Johnson
Thursday, June 21, 2018