Oasis Volunteer Positions
The Activity Assistants will assist the Life Enrichment Coordinator (LEC) with and/or direct activity programs in the absence of the LEC. S/he must be friendly, courteous, patient, outgoing, helpful and attentive, have the ability to speak clearly to hard-of-hearing residents, and hear adequately him/herself.
- Be able to volunteer for one or more two hour shifts per week, Mon.- Sat.10-12, 12-2
- Be able and available to assist the LEC with setting up chairs, tables, etc. for meetings; i.e. Bingo, Po-Ke-No, special events, occasional crafts, entertainment programs, etc.
Lobby Desk Receptionist
A Lobby Desk Receptionist provides that welcoming first impression for visitors, potential residents, and guests in the Villa 4 lobby. A professional appearance and pleasing attitude are required. Must have an outgoing and personable personality-i.e. a "people person', knowledge of professional telephone etiquette, and be willing to become knowledgeable about the lay-out and operations of Oasis, Villa 4, and Fellowship Square.
- Opening the gate as visitors/residents approach,
- Managing the sign in/out book,
- Answering the front desk phone,
- Giving directions,
- Making occasional campus phone calls for residents and staff,
- Performing occasional minor office tasks as assigned.
- Being attentive to the gate at all times,
A Performer provides free entertainment and/or other presentations for assisted living residents. S/he must have the ability to project voice(s) greater than 30 feet for hard-of-hearing residents, the ability to engage with and interact with the assisted living residents, and the ability to provide one or more of the following:
- Play an instrument or sing: Must have own music and instrument (piano is available).
- Provide educational subject matter: Must be knowledgeable in subject being presented, must bring own materials
- All performers
A Resident Visitor will visit with select residents in their apartment for conversation, reading, writing and companionship. S/he must have the ability to engage with and interact with the assisted living residents, the ability to speak clearly for hard-of-hearing residents, hear adequately. Additionally s/he shall not engage in gossip, political or religious topics and shall not Provide physical assistance to any resident. (Call a caregiver for such assistance as needed.)
Since becoming a resident four years ago, Fellowship Square has met my physical, mental, social, and spiritual needs beautifully. I enjoy participating in supervised fitness activities, discussion groups and long-distance fieldtrips sponsored by Fellowship Square.
Bus transportation is available for grocery shopping, trips to banks and appointments. Housekeeping support is provided twice a month. The prompt responses to small maintenance issues are much appreciated by residents. We’re grateful that security personnel are available 24 hours daily. Excellent dining services meet our diverse dietary needs. Personal assistance is also available to those who require additional resident services.
The outdoor environment at Fellowship Square is especially appealing to me because of the plentiful trees, shrub, flowers, birds, pools, fountains and shaded ramadas. So, why not make plans, NOW, to broaden your horizons, develop new friendships, and share your experiences and interests with others.