Activities Volunteer Positions
Computer Room Monitors
Computer Room Monitors must have basic knowledge of computer operations, a professional appearance and an outgoing and personable personality (i.e. a "people person').
- Volunteering for one or more 2 hour shifts (8-10,10-12,12-2,2-4 Sun.- Sat.) per week.
- Monitoring computer users to ensure that they are authorized for access and that no food or drink is being consumed in the computer room.
- Helping residents by answering their questions to the best of your ability
- Providing general help with computer operation and software features
- Printing, saving, and retrieving documents
- Maintaining the Lab
- checking lab supplies (printer toner, paper)
- reporting problems or lack of supplies to the Activities Department
- checking for damaged or faulty equipment, vandalism and theft
- housekeeping (paper in bins, chairs under desks)
- cleaning the equipment (monitors, computers, desks)
Office Receptionists must have basic knowledge of office phone skills, office operations, a professional appearance and an outgoing and personable personality, i.e. a "people person'.
- Volunteering for one or more shifts (Mon-Thur. 12:30-1:30, Fri.12-4:30) per week.
- Welcoming and assisting residents who come into the Activities office
- Answer calls from residents and take messages for Nancy
- Sign residents up for scheduled events
- Sell stamps to residents and receive payment in the form of check or billing to their account
Recognition Clerks will be on call to write out and deliver cards, certificates and flyers for Volunteers in the Volunteer Program.
Events/Set Up Crew
Crew members will be able and available to assist Activities Department staff members with setting up chairs, tables, etc. for weekly groups, meetings, or presentations.
- Assist the Activities department with special events set up
- Assist the Activities department with walker check in
- Assist the Activities department with checking guest in to special events.
Shifts: On call, based on the needs of Activities Dept. and Crew Member availability.
Activities Advisory Committee
Members will meet regularly to help plan and implement twelve (12) events per year. They must have ideas for appropriate activities for retirees and past experience on advisory committees.
The 12 events are:
- Women’s Tea (January, May, and September)
- Men’s Night (February, June, and October)
- Veteran’s Breakfast (March, July, and November)
- Coffee and Conversation (April, August, and December)
- Attend scheduled meetings (dates & times to be determined)
- Assist the Activities department with the planning and executing of tri-annual events
STILL TO COME:
- Volunteer Group Leaders
- Library Volunteers
- Newsletter Proofreaders
- Newsletter Collators
- Newsletter Deliverers
- Villa Directories Updaters
Since becoming a resident four years ago, Fellowship Square has met my physical, mental, social, and spiritual needs beautifully. I enjoy participating in supervised fitness activities, discussion groups and long-distance field trips sponsored by Fellowship Square.
Fellowship Square has good food, helpful and friendly staff, swimming pools, outings, transportation, exercises, companionship and security. What’s not to like? There are no strangers here, only friends that you haven’t met yet!
Fellowship Square is a wonderful place to live. The amenities here are so great. The food is the best in the world. We chose the best place in Tucson to live and being a Christian Care community is so wonderful too.
Fellowship Square is resort style living without the resort style prices. I live in a safe and secure environment that gives me the freedom to be & to do whatever I choose whenever I choose to do it.
The courtyard setting of each villa gives me a sense of peace and tranquility where I can visit with my neighbors, take a leisurely walk, have a swim, practice my putting or just enjoy being out in nature.
I am in my 7th year as a Resident. I have a spacious, comfortable apartment; (why, my bedroom is 20 feet long with a huge Walk-in closet! Largest bedroom I ever had.) I have been treated with kindness, respect, and dignity. And, the food is delicious. Why would I live any place else?