Food Services Volunteer Positions
Continental Breakfast Coffee Assistant
The Continental Breakfast Coffee Assistant provides a welcoming smile and first cup of coffee for residents and guests when entering the main dining room for continental breakfast (or for the Oasis dining room during breakfast.) A professional appearance and pleasing attitude are required. Must have an outgoing and personable personality (i.e. a "people person')
- Be able to volunteer for one or more 1 ½ hour shifts per week, 8-9;30 AM, Mon.-Fri.
- Greeting everyone with a cup of coffee
- Pouring coffee refills at tables
- Other duties as assigned
- In the Oasis, help residents fill out menus, answer residents’questions about menus, and assist those who may need other assistance by answering their questions or referring them to persons who can. Volunteer hours in the Oasis dining room are Sun. & Sat. 7:30am – 8:30am)
Dining Room Greeter
The Dining Room Greeter provides that welcoming first impression for residents and guests at the gathering area of the main dining room. A professional appearance and pleasing attitude are required. Must have an outgoing and personable personality-i.e. a "people person', have a positive willing to learn attitude, become familiar with the processes of the main dining room and bistro.
- Be able to volunteer for one or more two hour shifts per week during meal times.
- Greeting everyone
- Answering questions about the menu
- Assisting residents/guests in how to fill out their menu
- Assisting residents and their guests, by providing information or referring them to persons who can.
- Introduce new residents to current residents
- Other duties as assigned
Since becoming a resident four years ago, Fellowship Square has met my physical, mental, social, and spiritual needs beautifully. I enjoy participating in supervised fitness activities, discussion groups and long-distance fieldtrips sponsored by Fellowship Square.
Bus transportation is available for grocery shopping, trips to banks and appointments. Housekeeping support is provided twice a month. The prompt responses to small maintenance issues are much appreciated by residents. We’re grateful that security personnel are available 24 hours daily. Excellent dining services meet our diverse dietary needs. Personal assistance is also available to those who require additional resident services.
The outdoor environment at Fellowship Square is especially appealing to me because of the plentiful trees, shrub, flowers, birds, pools, fountains and shaded ramadas. So, why not make plans, NOW, to broaden your horizons, develop new friendships, and share your experiences and interests with others.