Dear Resident and Family Member:
As you may have heard in the news, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has been identified at a Goodyear, AZ community. As of today, there are 665 confirmed cases in Arizona and there have been 13 deaths. We do not have any cases of COVID-19 at our community, but this development triggers enhanced heightened infection control practices and protocols as recommended by my CEO and the Arizona Department of Health Services.
Please know that maintaining the health, wellness, and safety of your loved one is our number one priority.
Effective Monday, March 30th, all visitors are prohibited, with certain, very limited exceptions.
- All non-essential visitors are restricted from entering either Independent Living or Assisted Living per Arizona Department of Health Services restrictions for Healthcare Facilities. We understand this may be very difficult, but given the circumstances, we believe this is an important step in limiting potential infection exposure to our residents and team members.
- Essential visitors include medical providers, hospice care providers, and visitors of residents who are at the end of life.
- Essential visitors into the Lobby of Building 5, to be screened first before entering any apartment (including monitoring temperature), upon being cleared for entry, are required to use hand sanitizer or wash hands with soap and water. Residents that leave our community are also required to be screened prior to returning to their apartment as well.
- We will continue to carefully screen and monitor everyone in our communities – including all team members and essential visitors– for signs of infection, recent travel history, and potential COVID-19 exposure.
- New residents must also be screened prior to move-in as part of our infection control efforts and will be provided at no additional charge up to 2 additional meals for the 14 days of self-quarantine. We will find a way for new residents to receive any additional items they need during this time.
- Coronavirus is now present in our Hospital systems therefore, we now consider Hospitals, Renal Centers, Skilled Nursing Centers all HOTSPOTS. Therefore, upon return to our community from any hotspot residents will need to self-quarantine for 14 days. Again, we will provide up to 2 additional meals per day and expedite delivers to your residence.
For the health and safety of our residents, we ask that you please do not visit our campus at this time unless it is an extreme situation which should be discussed with Najwa Medawar 480-654-1800 ext. 4401 in advance of your visit. Based on state guidance, no visitor will be permitted into our community who meets any of the following criteria:
- Signs or symptoms of a respiratory infection, such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or sore throat.
- In the last 14 days, has had contact with someone with a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19, or under investigation for COVID-19, or are ill with respiratory illness.
- International travel within the last 14 days to countries with sustained community transmission. For updated information on affected countries visit: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/index.html
- It resides in a community where a community-based spread of COVID-19 is occurring.
Please know that the news about the spread of this new disease is concerning for us all. We understand that communication with your loved ones is incredibly important and encourage you to communicate with them in other ways such as the telephone, video chat, e-mail, or social media.
Please also visit www.fsq-mesa.org and Channel 90-1for regular updates and do not hesitate to contact Najwa Medawar or myself with any questions or concerns you may have.
Jon Scott Williams