Chaplain Kurt Stromberg feels honored and blessed to be the Chaplain of our community. He leads weekly Bible studies, makes visits to residents who are in the hospital and offers grief and prayer support. He is pleased to offer blessings for your new home in our community and even offers pet blessings. There are a number of worship opportunities available to our residents.
Special Message For Our Community During the COVID-19 Pandemic
During this time of uncertainty, I would like for you to know that we are praying for you as well as the entire United States in light of the Coronavirus. Many of the activities here at Fellowship Square Historic Mesa have been cancelled or postponed along with your local church services. Therefore, I would like to offer a few alternatives to stay connected to your faith. The Chaplain Ministry is concerned about your relationship with the Lord during this difficult time. May I recommend several options as we “wait” on the Lord?
- Read your Bible. If you don’t have one, there are copies available for our residents. There are 31 Proverbs, just enough for a month, so read one a day.
- Read a daily devotion such as:
o “Our Daily Bread” - go online to read the devotion or sign up for the daily devotion to be sent to your email at https://odb.org/
o Sarah Young’s books “Jesus Calling, “Jesus Always”, or “Jesus Today”
Weekly Sunday Services:
- Check the website of your local church congregation. They may have a service you can listen to or watch from their website, YouTube, or Vimeo.
- Tune into your TV on Sunday morning for various services on channel 7, 9, 21 for various services from different denominations.
- On Sunday morning you can tune into channel 1960 on your TV. The service from Christ Church of the Valley (CCV) will be broadcast.
- Access the internet to stream sermons, services, teaching aides from the Bible.
- Reach out to the Lord, ask for His protection upon our community, the city of Mesa, the state of Arizona as well as the entire country and across the world.
- Prayer Walk:
o Walk and pray inconspicuously either individually or in pairs. “Not to be seen but to see.”
o Pray Scripture for effectiveness.
o Be sensitive to the thoughts and ideas God may be speaking to your heart
o Ask God to guide, direct, lead and impress you with His agenda for the people.
o Invite the presence of God to be made known wherever you walk.
o PRAY FOR THE HEALING OF THE LAND: “…if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” (2 Chronicles 7:14, ESV).
Listen to Music:
- Music is a powerful way to stay connected to the Lord.
- CD’s, DVD’s, TV channels are ways to access continuous music to soothe the soul. Channel 935 on your TV is a Contemporary Christian Channel playing Christian music 24 hours a day.
- Stay Connected:
- We were made to be in community with other people. Reach out to your family and friends through FaceTime, Duo, or a simple phone call.
- If you are suffering from depression, make sure you let someone know. In an emergency, don’t hesitate to contact Security by pressing your pendant.